Commuter Lockers are available for use throughout the school year. Additional units were added to the Will Academic Center basement during the 2018 summer months (thank you, Maintenance Department!). For any questions, concerns or requests, contact the Office of Student Life.
Kitchen resources including microwaves, a refrigerator, sink and dishwashing supplies, an ice maker, and Keurig can be found in the basement of the Will Academic Center. Tables, chairs and couches are located in the WAC atrium in close proximity to the kitchen and lockers.
Parking is available in various places throughout the college campus. Locations include the Thresher Stadium parking lot, and northwest of the campus at Kauffman Museum. Four-hour parking spaces are located on the streets adjacent to Bethel College Mennonite Church and are not to be used by students so as they are available to guests of the church.
85-042: A Bill Allowing the Student Government to Financially Support Individuals, passed on April 20, 2018 by the 85th SGA.
The Individual request scholarship will function under the following guidelines:
- $1,000 be allocated in the following year’s budget for requests
- A student will be able to request grants up to a cumulative total value of 83% of the yearly Student Government Fee for a full time student of that year
- Students are only eligible if they are in good academic standing
- Students must use the grant for directly educational purposes such as testing, research (including Senior Seminar expenses), Conference Travel or Registration, etc.
- Requests outside of this realm will still be reviewed but are less likely to be approved by the Senate
- Information provided to the Senate regarding request need will be private and protected
- The identity of the person requesting funding will be kept private from the student body (censored on official documents)
- Receipts and unused money must be returned to the Senate after funding is used
- Funding use will follow the RSO funding use policies (if money is used inappropriately, it will be charged to the student’s account)
- Any money not used by the student shall be given back to the SGA
- Students can only apply if there is no current request-relevant RSO to support them, or the current RSO is unable to fully fund their request
ISR will be granted after the following steps have been taken:*
- Requesting student fills out the ISR request form and turns it in to the SGA Advisor and Finance Committee
- Finance Committee reviews each request before the next Senate Meeting.
- The request comes before the Student Senate at the next Senate Meeting (or the next Senate Meeting which the student can attend), and the Finance Committee makes a Yes or No recommendation regarding the request.
- The requesting student is required to attend the Senate Meeting at which their request will be voted on.
- If the student is unable to attend the Senate Meeting at which their request will be voted on, their request form will be reviewed and voted on in their absence. Further explanation of the request may be submitted by the student if they deem it necessary.
- Upon reviewing the Finance Committee’s recommendation and the student’s request, the Senate will discuss and vote on the request in an Executive Session.
*Should any one of these steps not be completed, the requesting student’s request will be denied